Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sistergirl Blog One

Grateful to not be the only one that is perplexed and a bit bothered by the mystery of being single, we decided to come together to talk about it. This blog is for us. The strong, beautiful, talented, intelligent and exceptional women that believe and trust that God is going to send us the one. This is about what we should do in the meantime and how to deal with the everyday thoughts that bring us to the point of questioning God's time.

Me, well let's just say that yes I am tired of waiting. Just like you I have been single for a long time and I find myself questioning myself. I find myself longing for what it seems like others have and wanting what at times seems like I will never have. I have the dreams of perfection, the thoughts that someday someone will come along that will make all of this waiting worthwhile. I have dragged myself down with the disappointment, but one day it dawned on me that I am not the only one. I looked around at church and realized, unhappily, that I was a part of the majority, not the minority. Most of the beautiful sisters in the room were on their own, struggling as mothers, singles, divorced or widowed women, with the same question, "Where is this man of my dreams?" (He might be there, but not as dreamy as we would like-but that's a whole different topic for another day!)

The simple truth is, if we believe in the God we say we believe in, who created us not to be alone but to first be his, the truth is that we already have a man. He's divine. We have a calling upon our lives to do God's work, until the time the earthly man of our dreams comes along. This is not what we want to hear. This is not what I want to hear. The hardest part to accept is that maybe God has answered my prayers to tell me that there isn't going to be someone to come into my life. The thought then becomes, what do I do to live the best life I can in the meantime? How do I find fulfillment and joy without pining for what the world says must complete me? If it is truly my desire to be a part of a couple-how do I wait?

That is what this blog is going to help us to explore. The goal is to support each other and to boost each other up and to remind each other to pray continously until something happens, but believing foremost that he knows the desires of our hearts and that he will never leave us or foresake us, even in the darkest hours when we feel alone. So please, post your thoughts, your ideas, whatever is on your mind. Post about your biggest struggles and post what you are doing to make it through. Trust that you are not alone.

My God bless you to put him first in all things and to let him handle the rest.

T

3 comments:

MsNikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MsNikki said...

yay I finally got it. Thanks T for creating this-she's so smart! WOOHOO!

MsNikki said...

I am really enjoying the book. I have seen a bit of myself and where I used to be AND recognized some of the men stuff that I was fortunate enough not to get into! I'm a littl miffed that I forgot my book at work today!