Thursday, July 10, 2008

New discoveries

I decided today that I would like to do something different. I want to do something that aligns with my passion.

A former employer contacted me today to ask if I was still in my current position. I said yes, but did not press to ask why he was asking. It dawned on me that I should not care why he was asking. It also dawned on me, the question, why should it matter why he was asking. I love my job and I don't care why he is asking. I do love my company and job, but if I am content why am I always searching for the next big thing. I am a seeker. I know this about myself. That's why everything is so piled up around me. I am always seeking more knowledge about something and searching for something exciting and different. Looking and researching. Mainly my research revolves around food. I am always seeking new recipes and new food items. What is the next best thing out there?

My latest challenge involves my decision to bring my diet around to no or lo carbs on a daily basis. I am amazed at the lack of exciting options for lo carb diets, but even more so I am actually dis appointed that with the number people in the world seeking to find such food options, there are not as many items on the market as there could be. The other issue is that if you happen to find something carb light, it unusually tastes like cardboard or roasted chalk. So my mission now, is to find lo carb food items that taste good or as close as possible to the real thing. If this carb light life is to be a lifestyle, we are going to have to find a way to make it edible, to the point that we don't miss the other tastes. So I say no to aftertastes and flower like paste disguised as something good for you. There has to be a way to make this food something good for you and healthy for you . So, I am going to figure out some options and report them back here to this blog. If you have suggestions or ideas, holla back.

No comments: